The Mrs. and I

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sentimental

So here I am lying in bed & my mind is flooded w/ all these thoughts, so I figured I better put them down. I've been sick the past few days, which hasn't been real fun, but it's given me a lot of time to think. Good or bad, it's given me that time. I entitled this entry "sentimental" because that's what's crossed my mind most recently & it's just the type of person I am, the personality I have. Some of this may seem weird or odd, but you can be the judge of it.

I keep every birthday card I get & try to put the date on each one, so I can remember when they're from. I'm pretty sure I have each card since high school, at least. I was absolutely blown away this year by the amount of happy birthday messages I got, simply because I was not expecting any. It was pretty amazing. I keep every ticket stub & write on each one who I went w/. I even have them in a ziploc bag in chronological order--that's how meticulous I am. I keep text messages that mean a lot to me, whether it's from a particular girl, or a close friend or sibling. I also write these messages down, word for word, in my journal, just so that I'll always remember them & can reflect on them. I have nearly every scorecard from every round of golf I've ever played & it's becoming a pretty big pile, but I'm gonna keep adding to it. I still have the Teddy bear from when I was 8 & had to go to the hospital for stitches in my leg. It still sits on my book shelf. I still have my junior jazz jerseys from clear back in third grade--that one might be a bit much, but hey. I just don't want to forget these various events, so I'll either keep the item, only if it's small, or I'll put it down in my journal. Call me crazy, but that's just who I am. Sentimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment