The Mrs. and I

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Everything

 That's the name of the song I'm currently listening to by Lifehouse. It's SUCH a great song, I think I've listened to it like five times in a row now. I'll never get sick of it. Give it a listen, if you haven't already, or just listen anyway. Great song by one of my top three favorite bands.

 The title also fits what I've been thinking about lately--everything. I can't decide what to do for the fall-continue to live at home, move to Provo w/ some buddies, move to our house in St. George, or MAYBE go on a mission (and I strongly emphasize the MAYBE). I've thought about it more lately, but I'm not exactly sure why. I do know this though, that I won't go out just because someone tells me I should or wants me to; I have to go because I have a desire to, that I WANT to go out. Otherwise, it may turn out to be a miserable experience for me, because I'm just there to please someone or some people. On the other hand, it could be really great. I don't know exactly. All I know is that I'm pretty torn & confused right now. Sometimes I feel like a bad person or almost condemned for not going, because there are people out there who think I've done something wrong, simply because I haven't gone out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions & I respect them, but I honestly feel the pressure & uneasiness that various people have directly or indirectly placed on me. It's a tough situation to be in, but I'm not complaining. There are FAR worse situations to be in than mine, by far. I just want to be accepted for who I am & for the things I've done, & not for the things I haven't done. I'm not at all pointing any fingers, I just want to feel accepted, that's all.

 On a lighter note, my older brother & his kids came up today & it's been SO great to have them here! We had our whole family (well my Dad's side) over for dinner this afternoon, about 22 of us, so we had a crowded house, but I absolutely loved it. My four nieces & little nephew were together for only the second time ever, so that was cool to see & to see them interact w/ each other. I love each of them to death :) My bro's family, my parents & I are heading to St. George later Sunday evening & I cannot wait! Sunshine & warm weather here we come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment