The Mrs. and I

Monday, June 27, 2011

Golf? Yes Please

So a few days ago, I got invited to a golf tournament w/ a family friend of mine and I wasn't sure about it at first, but then I thought, "It's golf. Just go." So I told him I'd go and it turned out to be a pretty good decision. The tournament was today at Jeremy Ranch in Park City, so I got off work around noon and our team teed off at 1:00. The two other guys we played w/ were pretty much amazing, they carried our team, more or less. Kelly and I couldn't even come close to hitting it as far as them, but I was able to make three putts to give us three birdies and they greatly helped us in our quest to win. We finished at a -11, 61 and ended up winning by one stroke (out of 21 teams). We were excited to win and even more excited to hear what our prize was; a $250 gift certificate to the pro shop for each of us. That's $1000 between the four of us. Can you believe that?? I picked out a nice shirt, some nice shorts, some socks and a huge pack of golf balls and I STILL have $100 left. Cuhrazy!! It was a sweet day, though, and very worthwhile :)

On another note, I discovered this band the other day and I think they've been around for a bit, but they're new to me and they're called Act As If. They kinda remind me of Death Cab, just real mellow, but they're pretty good. You should give them a listen, along w/ All Time Low's new CD, as well as Simple Plan's new one. Good stuff, you won't be disappointed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment