The Mrs. and I

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11: Ten Years Later

I remember exactly where I was on this day ten years ago. I had just started my freshman year of high school, maybe our third week into it. I was walking out to catch the bus, Cade Richins met me there & asked if I'd heard of what happened. I said no & asked him, then he told me this plane hit a building in New York. I asked if it was on purpose & he said he didn't know. Now I was really curious & wondered about it the whole ride to the school. We went to first hour & all we did was watch coverage of what was happening on tv. I couldn't believe what was happening, especially after the second plane hit. What on earth was going on? No one said much; we didn't know what to say, didn't know what to think. I vividly remember in second hour, p.e., a kid in class was almost praising what had happened & I remember Heath Givan standing up & putting this kid in his place, denouncing what had happened & standing up for all of us, basically. I thought it was very cool & I'll never forget it. It was a very somber day, that's for sure. I'm so grateful for all the women out there who fight for our freedoms & allow us to live freely & not confined, like some other countries, & that we don't live under any sort of tyranny. This was a sad day in history, but I'm thankful that it's over & that we're rebuilding that area of New York City & are fighting to bring those terrorists to justice & showing that we, as Americans, are resilient & won't stand for that garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment