The Mrs. and I

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11.1.11

 I can't believe it's November already. Seems like it was just February and I was down in Phoenix w/ my fam, and now it's almost that time of year again. Sheesh time flies. Anywho, I realized I hadn't posted anything for a while, so here we are. So Halloween was yesterday and it's over now, thank goodness. I am not a fan of it in any way, shape or form. Sure the candy is nice, but heck I can have candy any day of the year. I just don't get the meaning behind the holiday, nor do I like all the scariness associated w/ it, nor the dressing up. I think I last dressed up when I was.....12, and all I wore was this mask. It just hasn't been an interest to me and my mindset will have to change whenever I have kids, just to get in the spirit of things, but I won't have to worry about that for a few years, at least. So to sum up, I'm glad Halloween is over. Bring on Thanksgiving and Christmas!
 The last month has been on the slow side, simply because I don't have a steady 40 hr/week job, I've just been teaching a few golf classes each week, picking up a few shifts at the gatehouse and helping my Dad w/ property management stuff, but it's about to get better and a little more steady (I'm hoping), as I'm headed to St. George on Thursday to try to get my small business started. I won't give out the name yet, but it's a golf program to teach young kids how to play. My buddy and I will start out w/ a few classes and hope to develop/grow it each year and hope to have it be an established program throughout the St. George area. I'm a little nervous about it, not that I don't think it'll do well, but just from the standpoint of starting my own business and putting myself out there. If you have a good idea, but never do anything about it, you'll never know what could have happened. I heard that somewhere, so I'm going to apply it and see what happens! Wish me luck :)
 Anyway, those are my thoughts at the moment. Stay classy, San Diego...

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that's awesome! What a fabulous idea! You'll probably have great success with it, being in St. George. It's always good to do something that you love to make a living. That way you'll put in 110%, benefiting your customers; continue to develop your own skills; and it will be rewarding & satisfying; not to mention the income! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete