The Mrs. and I

Saturday, July 14, 2012

27 Days

 That's how many days I have left 'til I get to marry my best friend and favorite girl in the world!! Oh and only 21 days 'til we get to go through the temple! It is an exciting time for us and we can't even wait for it! It has been a long engagement to say the least, but it's drawing to a close and we couldn't be more excited/anxious for it to finally be here! August 4 and 10th, here we come!!!

 Let's see, what else is going on in my world.....oh yes, I got my esophagus scoped on the 3rd and I was pretty nervous going into it, mainly because I didn't quite know what to expect and hadn't ever been put under before, so yeah I was nervous, but it wasn't bad at all. The part that took the longest was all the paperwork and then the waiting around, because the actual procedure took all of like 20 minutes. They had me turn on my left side, then they put this thing in my mouth for me to bite on so that my mouth wouldn't close during the operation, then the nurse, who was super kind and very cordial to me, applied the stuff to knock me out and had me count down from 10. I got to about 0, then I swear I could hear the nurses/doctor start singing, like they were doing a show tune or something. It was pretty bizarre, but I figured out after that it was just my imagination, ya know from being on the drugs. Ha ha it was fun to imagine though. I wasn't too groggy after I woke up, like I didn't say or do anything funny, it just took me a little bit to adjust and fully wake up. Anyway, they said I have a hiatial hernia (I think that's how you spell it) at the top of my esophagus and a small little shelf like at the base of it and they prescribed me some Omeprazole to help treat it. A little while back, I was prescribed that same drug to treat this and it gave me all the side effects, so I was pretty leery of it, but this dosage was only 20 mg and the previous was 40, so I was a little more confident that this time around I wouldn't feel all of those same side effects. Luckily that was the case this time, as they haven't bothered me and have been pretty effective in keeping my acid reflux down. Hopefully this is all I'll need and won't need any surgery or anything further, but I'll find out the full diagnosis in the next few days. Other than that, I don't have much else to add. Life is great, I've enjoyed every minute I've had w/ Maggie and we've had some really good times. We have created our own blog, as well, so you can follow us there as we (attempt) to chronicle our new life, the married life :) Catch ya later, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment