The Mrs. and I

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Porter

 Hello everyone! I'm back after about a two month hiatus and so much has happened since I last wrote! First off, I got married to the most amazing girl I've ever met, Maggie James. We got married in the Logan Temple on August 10 and everything about that day was incredible! I was able to sleep like a baby the night before, but then the nerves kicked in about an hour before the ceremony, which was at 11:00 A.M. It was just something neither of us had done before (obviously), so we just didn't fully know what to expect, that's why the nerves kicked in. But the man who performed the sealing was actually the president of the temple and he was such a stud. He had us laughing one minute and in tears the next. He did such a great job and kept us at ease, cracking light-hearted jokes throughout the ceremony, which allowed us to relax a bit. It's hard to explain the feelings/emotions I felt throughout, but just know that it was truly an incredibly amazing experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world! We got outside and the weather was perfect; cloudy with a nice cool breeze. Just how Maggie and I like it :) The rain held off 'til about 8 o'clock that night, right near the end of our reception, so we were grateful for that and grateful for all our friends and family who made it out to see us. It made the day even more special and we will certainly never forget it :)

 
 Six days prior to us getting married, Maggie and I were able to go through the temple together to receive our endowments and let me tell you, that was a phenomenal experience!!! She let me choose which temple we went through, so I picked the Oquirrh Mountain and it is such a beautiful temple (as are all of them). But this was my favorite one I had been in and it will always have a special place in my heart. I know I was super nervous for the whole experience, because again you can never fully anticipate what goes on in the session, but it was a very neat and awesome experience and we enjoyed every minute of it. The spirit was so strong there and we hope to go back as often as we can so that we can feel those same feelings :)

 A few days after the wedding, we headed out to Disneyland on our honeymoon and we had an awesome time! Maggie can't get enough of Disneyland and everything that goes with it, so it was fun to see her in that atmosphere. She was just like a little kid :) I think we rode Indiana Jones about five times, Pirates at least four times and the Haunted Mansion at least three times. I even gained the courage to go on the Tower of Terror and let me just say that that was a one time thing. Ha I did not like it, so I'm pretty sure I will not be riding it again. My courage was slightly tested again when we went on the Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but Maggie was more scared than I was on both of them! So for once it was my time to poke fun at her a little :) We had a blast out there, though, and were sad we had to come home after being gone for five days, but in a way it was nice to come home. We are now settled in our home in Henefer, Utah. It's a cute three bedroom apartment and we love it! We will both be better about blogging in the future and we will get more pictures up, too! Until next time...!

No comments:

Post a Comment