The Mrs. and I

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12.12.12

It's far too late in the night/early in the morning for anyone to be blogging, but there isn't much else to do while here at work, so here I am. Blogging. At about 3:30 in the morning. And listening to Honor By August. If you haven't heard of them, well, shame on you. Not really, but you should check them out. Way good band. Anyway, as my mind wanders..... I feel like a lot has happened in the last year, but that's because a lot has. This time last year I was just a single guy with no prospects, I was living at home, almost 25 years old, hadn't been on a ton of dates since the spring, and life was well, just kinda mundane. Flash forward to a few days after Christmas, I had a semi-blind date with this girl named Maggie James. She seemed like a really cute girl, fun to talk to, so I was excited to go out with her. Flash forward to February, I now had a girlfriend and was in a serious relationship (first time ever for me). She reeeaally liked me! (Said in a goofy voice). And I reeeally liked her. We hit it off from the start and we never looked back. Sh** got real on March 23rd when we got engaged :) Ha I'm in a weird happy mood so pardon me for the bleeped out expletive above, ha but yeah we got engaged, set the date for August and could not wait for it to come. FINALLY the day came, we had a beautiful day for the wedding, incredible experience and amazing support from our friends and family. It was an awesome day and it's been a dream ride so far. So for going from single and living at home last December, to now being married and having our own place (an apartment, but still) is just unreal to think about it, but yet it is real and I'm very grateful to be where I'm at now. I wouldn't change it for the world! And I hope she wouldn't either ;)

 As my mind wanders some more, I think about how blessed I am, blessed to be alive and healthy, have a place to live, food to eat every day, clean clothes to wear, a toothbrush to clean my teeth, a car to drive and (some) money to buy things that I need. I think of the alternative, like living in a country besides the U.S., or even living in this country, but on the streets, and it just makes me shudder to think about it. What life would be like if I weren't me. I just am very very grateful for being me and having the things that I have, and knowing the things and people that I know. Life can seem daunting at times, sometimes you feel like you're just spinning your wheels, like you aren't going anywhere or like you just paid the rent and now it's due again. There are challenges in every day living, but I'm just thankful for the life that I'm afforded and that I'm not out on the streets. Seeing some homeless people around Temple Square last evening made me kinda sad, made me wonder how they got to that point, what decisions they made or maybe didn't make that put them in that position, out on the streets and begging for money/food. I feel bad for them and it just makes me appreciate my life that much more. And it makes me stop and think, "Is my life really that hard, really that rough?" You know, it just kinda puts things in perspective: No matter how bad you think you have it, there's always someone else who has it worse than you. Man my mind is here, there and everywhere, but it's late. So deal with it :)

 At the end of November, Maggie and I went to The Killers concert with some friends at UVU and it was an amazing concert. The opening band (Tegan and Sara) was pretty good, when you could hear what they were saying, but it didn't even compare to Brandon Flowers and the boys. They put on one heck of a show and our little amigo, Paulito, was sure excited about it. Ha that kid did not stop jumping around or bobbing his head for the entire time they performed. I've never seen anyone THAT pumped for a concert, it was pretty awesome. And it provided us with some good laughter, not in making fun of him, just all in good fun. The Killers are his favorite and by golly, he sure showed it. He may not have known all the words to their songs, but he sure gave it a valiant effort. He must've worn himself out, though, because he said all of five words on the ride home, but he'd tell you it was so worth it. Ha what a great concert and just a great/fun experience in general. Good times had by all at The Killers concert :)

 This space heater at work keeps switching from high heat to low, high to low, low to high. I think it's nearing the end of it's life cycle, but you better believe I'll keep it on 'til I leave in...two hours. It's freezing outside! At least it isn't snowing, though, that way I don't have to drive in it. We do need the snow, though. I hope it won't be a barren year like last year was. Holy cats that wasn't a good moisture year, er well I guess it's still counting for this year huh. Eh who's keeping track. Not me, obviously :)

 I have a stye in my eye. No really, I do. It isn't the most fun thing to have, but hopefully it'll go away here soon and I can start wearing my contacts again. These glasses drive me crazy sometimes! (These pretzels.....are makin' me thirsty!!!) Thank you, George Costanza. Cooo....Stanza. Oh how I love to watch Seinfeld. What a classic.

 So ummm, Christmas is coming up and I'm getting excited for it. It usually takes me a little while for it to fully sink in, that it is indeed the middle of December, but yeah I'm excited that Christmas is upon us. I love listening to Mannheim Steamroller, it's just instrumental music but man does it cheer me up. It takes me back to my childhood and listening to their cd's while we helped decorate the house. Ah, memories. I'm excited to make some new Christmas memories/traditions with Maggie as we start our first Christmas season together. Even that sounds kinda crazy, but boy oh boy I sure am glad I'm with her :)

 Ha wow this may be my most random blog to date, and I've had some doozies, ha but I hope you've enjoyed the reading. Until next time, stay classy San Diego :)


No comments:

Post a Comment